This post contains affiliate links by which I may earn a commission to support this ministry and my family at no extra cost to you. Disclosure
Do you ever feel like giving up?
Sometimes I am so frustrated I want to quit trying.
Whatever it maybe . . . Cleaning, homeschooling, ministry, godly parenting, blogging, healthy eating, exercising, being kind to difficult people, and on and on.
Some days it’s just not worth effort.
But then I remember why I am doing what I am doing.
And I remember God’s Word.
5 Verses to Remember
When You Feel Like Giving Up
1. “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” Galatians 6:9 NASB
Sometimes we cannot see the results of all of our effort, but God promise a harvest if we keep persevering in doing good. But the harvest is “in due time” which is His time, not our time.
2. “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”” John 16:33 NASB
No matter what you are facing, Jesus has already overcome it. This has been one of my favorite verses for a very long time. Jesus knows we will become discouraged when we have trouble. But we can still be cheerful or take heart, because He’s has overcome the world and everything in it, including our momentary trouble.
3. “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” Isaiah 40:31 NASB
Wait on the Lord. Not an idle do nothing kind of wait, but like a waiter or waitress waits on customers, we serve the Lord in our wait. Then He will give us the strength we need to carry on.Wait on the Lord. Not an idle do nothing kind of wait, but like a waiter or waitress waits on customers, we serve the Lord in our wait.Click To Tweet
4. “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6 NASB
God is not giving up on you, whatever your situation. He WILL complete His good work in making you like Jesus. Trust Him and don’t give up even when you can’t see it.
5. “But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”” Luke 18:27 NASB
God makes the impossible possible. What seems like an insurmountable obstacle may just be a chance for Him to come through in His time.
When you feel like giving up, remember God’s Word.
Trust Him over yourself and your circumstances. Take a deep breath and continue in obedience and faith.
What scriptures encourage you when you feel like giving up? I’d love to read them in the comments.